Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Allegiant By Veronica Roth

WARNING CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS!!! 
🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫📖🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫



All I could think when I picked up this book was "I can't wait to find out what happens next". 

After I read the but all I felt was this....

So my rating for Alligiant is mucho get just because of the ending. 

For me, with Alligiant, it seems that nothing mattered that lead up to the ending after I read the ending. And nothing that came after the death of the main character mattered one bit. 

How?! Why kill off Tris?!?! Seriously?! What was the point of making her immune to the death serum if she was just going to get killed off my a gun shot wound?!?  

Everything else was insubstantial my all means. 

The only reason I'm bothering to read the next book in the series, Four, is because I'm hoping it's one of those books that goes back and tells something from his point of view instead of Tris's because that would mean that I can go back to her being alive, when the world of Divergent was right and just. 

I became so invested in these characters that now it seems like the whole (Divergent) world truely is a scam.

And that's when I think "is that the plan?"  
In the books they learn that their world is not what they thought. It's devastated them and changes everything. Was killing off Tris a way to make up feel what the characters were feeling when they learned their world was not what they thought it was? 

I was already invested. I already fly what they had felt. Why couldn't things have gone another way?!

And then I think to myself "oh geez, I'm mourning a fictional character", and I just don't are because I've grown to love and hate them in so many ways. 

So to whomever (hmm hmm Veronica Roth!) decided to kill of Tris... Gold job!! The world is much grimmer now without a heroine like Tris to save the day!!

3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads 


No comments:

Post a Comment